DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Legends Untold!

WARNING: As of the time of this post there are only a mere 48 hours or less left so act soon while you still can!

What's going on everyone!? As you may or may not know, over the past month or so I've been having some rather challenging life events. Because of this things have rather easily slipped away as far as time restraints.

I little while back I had the opportunity to check out this awesome card game that was like an RPG in a Deck so to speak. Unfortunately I hadn't had time to get around to give a full on review like I had previously agreed to. Just yesterday I got a message from the games creator, who I might add has been VERY forgiving with all things considered and not one pressured me or questioned about the game.

The message in question mentioned that there were only 72 hours left on the campaign among other polite inquiries. I couldn't believe that time had come and just about passed for the campaign so as you can imagine I felt guilty that I hadn't been able to follow through as well as surprised the time had flown by.

With time of the essence I'd like to tell you just a bit about this game. It's not an "official" review or anything but more of a last minute PSA as well as what I had played for today's game a day.


The game Legends Untold is an amazing piece of work from Inspiring Games and it is amazing!

In the game you can build a character or characters and then go on quests which are driven by a goal and randomized by decks of cards for not only locations but barriers, enemies, treasures, and a few others.

As you go through the locations you might encounter some of these, or nearly all of them. You have the options to sneak as well as just go all out and run your way through. There are obvious risks when you choose to go through carelessly but in some cases this may also be more worth while.

Another unique feature is that you are timed. Now don't get me wrong but time isn't re-invented here but it's used very uniquely. Being careful in some cases may actually cost you time because you're being slow and steady about it. Other times it may SAVE you time because it was a more careful and direct route.

Here are a few pictures of the game as of recent. Please keep in mind that my pictures are not of the final product but review and prototype pieces. The final art and cards may or may not have changed from then to now:
















As you can see this game as some awesome art and plenty of cards! There is plenty of potential for expansions and more but it isn't needed for the base game which is always nice.

Please check this game out and give it some attention, it's definitely one I recommend for those out there who look for epic stories and deep gameplay.

CHECK IT OUT HERE!


As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to stop and smell the meeples! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment