DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Stormy Evening!

What's going on everyone!? Today has been a productive day, in terms of activity of both me as well as the weather. I did some spring cleaning in my workshop today as well as finished up the Crokinole board.

That consisted of pulling the pegs out, sanding the old finish coat off of the board and reapplying the finish to a smoother more visually appealing sheen as well as coating the rails and getting everything looking nice. I still would like to purchase some actual discs for the game but the ones I've made seem to work just fine although they're not very pretty, lol.

I must say though, I'm MUCH happier with the current finish on the board and am both glad and sad that this project has come to a finish. It was quite fun learning how to make a board from scrap wood and it really did turn out a LOT better than I had expected.

Now I get to plan a more "fancy" one made of better quality wood as well as a full sized one since mine is scaled down slightly.


Other than that, for the "Game a Day" challenge I'm sure you will not be too surprised to hear that we played some Crokinole on the finished board this evening while the storms were raging outside. Earlier when it was still calm, I taught my daughter how to play Mancala and it turns out she REALLY likes the game and is REALLY good at it too! Out of about 15 games she played, she only lost 2 of them!

I was definitely very proud to get my butt kicked by her and was equally as proud too.


Here's a few pics of the Crokinole session tonight. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to get pics of my daughter kicking butt earlier but I'm sure we'll be playing that one again and very soon, lol.






As always, thank you for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment