DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Thursday, May 19, 2016

RRRRACK 'Em Up!

What's going on everyone!? After a few more rainy days I was able to finish up 98% of the work on my Crokipool Table. You know what that means? Today, I'm glad to say that my lovely wife and I played some racks for the "Game a Day" challenge!

I'm REALLY liking the performance of the table and pucks and only have a few minor tweaks I'm going to incorporate. Other than that I would say it has done better than I thought it ever would. Tonight we played best 2 out of 3 for both 8-Ball and 9-Ball. Leave it to my wife to actually win more than I did, lol!

All in all, it was a GREAT time and I have to admit, there's nothing like playing a game that you built from scratch. Sure, I've made prototypes and all but I mean this in a different way. From a woodworkers standpoint I guess you could say. It's an amazing feeling when two hobbies collide and make something you're proud of!

Here's a few pics from tonight's session:












Here's a short video documenting some of the build process:




As always, thank you for reading and take care! :)
-Tim

2 comments:

  1. Great work again, Tim! I'd love to have you manufacture some of those games for my group! :) Have you ever considered selling your crafts on the side? A little supplemental income from time to time? Or maybe you already do this...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geoffrey :)

      I've sold plenty of creations over the years but never really tried to sell any woodworking pieces because I'm just an amateur really, lol.

      I'd always be up for making something on commission but it would depend on the woods used because of the different prices of them. I only really have access to the "normal" woods you could get at hardware stores and such. I did happen to luck into the piece of walnut I used for the rails on the table but I don't have a real source for more.

      If there's something you'd like, feel free to send me an email or a message on facebook and I'll definitely see what we could work out though :)

      Delete