DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Tsuro of the Seas!

So here we are 9 days into the new year and still going strong on our goal(which is slowly turning into my goal I think)..lol. Feels like we've been doing this for months already, lol!

So today we had a great surprise by having my mother in-law stop by for a few days. Now some of you might shutter at that mere thought but I love mine to death. She's all kinds of wonderful and has some amazing stories to tell.

Tonight, I took a moment to try and think of a game to play that could include her as a new gamer/non gamer and thought we would try "Tsuro of the Seas". She wasn't too sure about it but was all for it.

After a little while in she seemed to get the game but the lines confused her a bit. Mainly because of the art and how they go over and under each other. But slowly, she grinned a time or two and was just hanging on for the ride and for our enjoyment I think.

Well, fast forward to when I accidentally made her sail off the board causing her to lose. She was doing great up until I pulled that dick move.. I did NOT mean to do such a thing and it made me feel like crap to be honest. I was so hellbent on not killing myself that I didn't see where that same tile may have sent her.

After that, I told her that I would happily take out her daughter(my wife) so that she could say "Like mother like daughter". She thought that was cute but my wife didn't think so that much.

Well, fast forward to the end and I was gloating to my wife that statistically I had won before the game was even finished. Then, she gave me this EVIL look like "SHUT UP" mixed with "I love you". So I quietly accepted my win after she realized she had no tile to play that wouldn't send her off the edge.




Thanks for reading as always! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment