DriveThruCards.com

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

KYBG Kickstarter Spotlight

-----

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dungeon Solo play!

Unfortunately my loving wife wasn't feeling to well so she went to bed early. This kind of thing is a challenge for me. I LOVE gaming but when you play a game solo it can get stale or even a bit tedious when there's no human interaction involved.

Now don't get me wrong. There are PLENTY of great solo games out there and I love finding ones that I can play and be entertained by. My point is simply that in our collection, we just don't have many of them.

Which brings me to my gaming choice for the night: Dungeon!



Dungeon is a hack and slash D&D dungeon crawl where players run through a huge dungeon and fight all sorts of monsters. When I monster is defeated, You get to collect loot for the level on which the monster was.

The goal is fairly simple. Get back to the grand hall with "X" amount of gold and treasure, where "X" is the value amount that each player has in relation to their class. I chose the rogue for my first solo adventure since his goal is one of the lowest at 10,000.





Now, the other interesting thing is, there are different ways to play the game solo. Although it's magnitudes more fun with others, this simply gives you a personal goal which is nice. For my goal, I chose to get the target amount of treasure and get back to the great hall before getting crushed twice and before the timer counted down from 30 minutes.

This may seem a little easy and to be honest, I didn't know what to expect with it being my first time but it was a TINY bit easy. Although, the easiness can also be accounted for by lucky dice rolls.



So by the end of the game, I had actually slain many a monsters in the dreaded dungeon and had come out with 9,500. With that in mind, I heroically ran into a level 3 room, Slain a monster after getting hit myself and proudly RAN to the great hall with the last 500 I needed to win. All within 15 minutes.




So now I'm thinking that on my next solo play I'll try to set the timer to 15 and see if I can beat it with all the same rules and such that I had this time.




As Always, Thank you very much for reading! :)
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment